At Carbon 6 Interiors, choosing home lighting options is one of our favorite services! Lighting is extremely important as it can serve a specific purpose or set a mood for your space. We also love it when lighting becomes a statement piece within a space!
Whether you are looking for something sophisticated, sleek, edgy, or simply for functional purposes our team has the expert experience to get your lighting right!
We asked our Designer, Lindsey Swanson a few questions about lighting selections. See why she loves selecting lights and where she shops!
Ask Our Designer, Lindsey Swanson
Q: Why do you love picking out lighting fixtures?
Answer: Lighting usually ends up being the focal point in a room, and seeing the light fixtures added at the very end of a new build is so satisfying—it’s like that last missing piece of the puzzle. It can also be very challenging to find the exact light that serves and beauty and function. I always love a challenge.
Q: Where do you find lighting inspiration?
Answer: All over the world, I love how creative many of the light fixture designers have become. I have a couple of favorites, Kelly Wearstler is a huge inspiration for design style and lighting. Apparatus is another favorite of mine; the creative talent is incomparable and the story behind the brand is so unique and interesting.
Q: What’s your favorite light you’ve selected recently?
Answer: That is a tough question. I choose every light for a specific reason varying from one light to another, but if I had to pick one it would probably be the Tassel 19 pendant from Apparatus, we are planning to use it in an upcoming home and it’s absolutely stunning.
Here are 5 elements to consider when looking at your lighting options!
1. Decide if your light will be used to make a statement, serve a purpose, or set the mood. Or if it does all three!
2. Plan ahead with a lighting budget. Stylish lighting options can often be expensive. Begin budget-conscious will help you stay on track with your home building or renovations. Refer to Designer Lindsey’s affordable options mentioned previously.
3. Consider your ceiling height. If selecting hanging fixtures, knowing your ceiling height is important.
4. Think about non-traditional lighting details. We love adding LED strip lighting under floating cabinetry and ceiling soffits. These additions can be beneficial at night and add mood lighting, especially when they are dimmable.
5. Know your glow. For each light fixture, consider the type of lightbulb. Halogen, compact fluorescent and LED bulbs come in a range of warm or cool hues. LED are longer-lasting, but do not dim as well as filament or fluorescent bulbs.
Thanks for reading! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about lighting selections. Our team is happy to help!
- The Team at Carbon 6 Interiors
Design Inspiration Straight to Your Inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter!
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!